Link to Signup Genius to volunteer
Volunteering to Help Make Sunday Services Happen: What is Yours to Do?
At Unity of Ann Arbor, one of the most important areas of our operations in need of volunteer support right now is our Sunday services. You are invited to sign up to contribute your time and talent in one of the following ways:
1) Host/Greeter/Usher – arrive around 9:15am, adjust thermostats, turn on lights, conduct walk-through check, serve as “official greeter” for arrivals and as usher/offering collector.
2) Service Coordinator – work during the week leading up to the service to ensure the speaker(s), musician(s), and slide “prepper” have completed their tasks, then hand off to the Platform/Worship Assistant to implement during the service.
3) Platform/Worship Assistant – arrive by 9:45am, confirm the sound room is ready to go, assist the speaker(s) and musician(s), then lead the service welcome, candle lighting, introductions, announcements, etc.
4) Slide Deck Preparer – work with Service Coordinator to create weekly slideshow based on order of service, including anything special for music or for the individual speaker(s).
5) Sound Room Staffer – arrive around 9:15am, set up sound and computer facilities, including projectors and lighting (by following the written script provided).
Training, orientation, and support will be provided for each of these tasks. Experienced volunteers are happy to walk alongside you in any selected role until you are comfortable on your own.
You may sign up online here (https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0948AAAD23A5FDC07-unity) or by contacting a UA2 Board member ([email protected]). Thank you!